"CISL 650 Contests"
Contest Rules and Regulations for General On Air & Online Contests
These contest rules and regulations are applicable to contests brought to you by CISL 650 which are administered live on-air or online on its radio station unless there are specific contest rules for a particular contest (the "Contest"). Please note that certain contests promoted on CISL 650 may be brought to you in conjunction with another sponsor or by a sponsor other than CISL 650.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: CISL 650 runs many live on-air Contests throughout the year. For these Contests, the Contest Period, duration and timing will be identified by the on-air host at the time of the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: A Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, within the listening range of a radio station who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the first day of the Contest Period unless otherwise noted by the on air host. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, agents or representatives of CISL 650 (including its respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies) and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the "Excluded Individuals"). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside, and previous prize winners (including anyone from winner's household) who have won a prize in the preceding thirty (30) day period prior to the commencement of another Contest on the same radio station.
In contests where prizing is supplied by BCLC, contestants must be at least 19 years old.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter for a chance to win a Contest, follow the instructions given by the on-air host to find out how to enter and win a prize while listening to CISL 650. You will be required to call in to the radio station running that particular contest at the time and follow the instructions of the on-air host or a CISL 650 employee or representative that answers the phone. There are many types of Contests and ways to enter which include one of the following:
a) listening and identifying a song; b) calling in a radio station to identify your name followed by a random draw to select a winner; c) calling in to win at the time specified by the on-air host or as the 9th or 10th caller or as specified by the on-air host; d) trivia questions; e) checking the radio station websites for the song of the day and then calling in when you hear that song
In order to be declared a winner by the Contest judges, a potential winner must: (i) be in compliance with these Contest rules; (ii) complete, sign and return a form declaration and release prepared by CISL 650 before being declared a winner and before a prize will be released; and (iii) correctly answer, without mechanical aid or assistance, a mathematical time-limited skill testing question set out in the CISL 650 form declaration and release.
If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Contest rules, the Contest judges reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and select an alternative winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of other eligible entries received for a particular Contest and any criteria mentioned by the on-air host or by a CISL 650 employee.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No purchase is required to enter a CISL 650 Contest.
5. PRIZES: There are various prizes available to be won which will be identified by the on-air host at the time of the Contest. The prize may include one of the following: movie passes, CD's, DVD's, concert tickets, theme park or event passes (such as for the Cloverdale Rodeo, PNE etc.), restaurant gift certificates, gift certificates for certain retail stores and gift baskets. Only one prize per household. The approximate retail value of a prize can vary and is available upon request at the time of the particular contest. If you are a declared winner, you must pick up your prize at the radio station that administered the Contest. Prizes not claimed within a period of 90 days from the date of winning will be forfeited. In the case of a forfeited prize, no replacement prize or other compensation will be issued. Potential winners will be required to furnish proof of identification such as a driver's license or social security numbers.
6. PUBLICITY: By entering a Contest, you consent to CISL 650’s use of your name, city of residence, photograph, voice, statement and image for any publicity purposes.
7. THE DECISIONS OF THE CONTEST JUDGES ARE FINAL. In the event of a conflict between the rules and any instructions or interpretation of these rules given by a CISL 650 employee regarding a Contest, these rules shall prevail.
8. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Contest rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and CISL 650 reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future CISL 650 Contests.
9. CISL 650 assumes no responsibility for: entries lost, stolen, late, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, or for the failure, interruption or delay of any email or other communication to be received, for any reason; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet or on phone lines; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers."
10. CISL 650 reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate a Contest at any time and for any reason whatsoever. CISL 650 reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or substitute any component of a prize for its cash value or a prize of approximately the same retail value. Prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded by CISL 650 and cannot be exchanged by a declared winner for cash or other substitutes.
11. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest rules, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants individually, and each entrant releases CISL 650, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant's participation in a Contest or the use of any prize.
12. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest and these Contest rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia. Any dispute shall be adjudicated in the courts sitting in Vancouver, B.C.
13. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.